Saturday, May 10, 2008

A new adventure awaits...(Hospital Pharmacy)

I am proud to say that in 2 months from now, I have worked in retail Pharmacy as a technician for a year. It may only be a year, but I have learn so so much. It is time for me to look at the other side of Pharmacy -- mainly hospitals. Recently, I have signed up for the PTCB (May 17th) and am planning on passing it with ease. I haven't study yet. But as like for an undergraduate final, I'll probably study 1-2 nights before.

On a random day 2 weeks ago, I searched for Pharmacy techs openings in the many surrounding hospitals. I found a position which is about equally the same distance as from where I live to where my BIG-CHAIN-Pharmacy is located at. I began to fill out the applications and at the end it asked for 3 references! Well I wasn't prepare with any. So I just went "dammit, and x out the window" and forgot about it. The next day, while at work, I received a call from the Hospital recruiting department. Somehow that application did went through although uncompleted (I believed so). I have to take a pharm-calc like test before they would even grant and interview. This was 2 weeks ago and I took the test yesterday. Of course I GOT 100%! Hey,a Bachelors is good for something right.

I'm excited about this hospital position. First, I know I would get pay at least 1.5 to 2 times as much as I'm making now. Money wasn't an issue at first, just the experience was worth it. Secondly, I will now have networking with pharmacy professionals in a hospital environment. Go. Go. Letters of Recommendations! (Yeah, this year cycle is over. No more hopes. Will apply EARLY this time around)

I have an interview with the Pharmacy staffs in 2 weeks. Finger crossed.


P.S. The Angriest Pharmacist is credited for newly added picture. I got the link to the site via his blog. It's awesome!

No comments: