Sunday, April 20, 2008

It's Either Yes or No to Cash Back!

How mindless can some people be. Either you want Cash back or you don't.

Rarely do you encounter a customer who have already decided to use plastic and thus have their card ready to go. The majority of the time; however, they'll have to dig it out of their wallet or really over sized purse/handbag. Once they manage to get it out, they'll spend at least 15-30 second figuring on how to insert it.

COME ON!. Credit/debit cards are so commonplace nowadays. Half of the people who uses it can't even figure out how to swipe the card. So what if their are different types of debit/credit card terminal. Just look at the fucking picture. It is there for a reason!

When I'm lucky [a hint of sarcasm] enough to work the cash register, I'll have to aide every other customer on using their credit/debit cards. They don't notice the simplified picture located right next to the insert. Once they manage to swipe it, I would still have to help them finish the transaction. Just fucking read the prompt. Look down and READ. Hit Cancel if you want to do credit. Enter your damn PIN if you want to do Debit. Don't fucking hit CANCEL and then bitch that you wanted to do DEBIT. FUCKING READ. Don't hit "Yes, I want Cash Back" if you DON'T really want it. You got 2 choices there. Yes or No. It's even colored in Green which is synonymous for "Yes/Go" and Red for "No/Stop". Two of the most common and easiest word in the ENGLISH language to comprephend. But somehow, they always pick the wrong one.

Now, why does this pisses me off? Simple. I like to herd people in and out of my line. I strive to provide the quickest service while maintaining accuracy on my drawer count. Hence, I really hate it when they can't use 0.000000001 % of their brain power to operate a simple Credit/Debit card processor/terminal. It just throw me off on my groove.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What gets me is that 90 percent of the patients I ring up who use debit or credit swipe the damn card before I've even finished scanning the 40 freaking items they've brought to go with the script they are picking up. Our system says "Wait for cashier" once I've hit total, so they stand there looking at me like why aren't you doing your job? And then act like I've murdered them when i tell them they have to get that card back out of their wallet and swipe it again. I mean on what planet do you swipe your credit card before you even know how much you've spent? I just want to reach across the counter and strangle these people.

Anonymous said...

What about when people try paying with the Health Savings Account and it gets declined, then they go about whining about how they swear it has money in it!!!