Thursday, April 3, 2008

Inventory Hell.

I got off work today at 4:45ish and started my usual drive to where I work. Ugh, Philadelphia traffic is the worst. I thought I was smart and decided to take another route that's usually faster if there's little or no traffic. The backup was horrible. I got there at 6:05 PM. Can you believe that it takes me over an hour to get to work after working 8 hours already! I could find a store that's nearby but I love that place no matter how bad it can get.

We got INVENTORY coming up. Since all the months I've been working this is the first inventory that I noticed or being involved in. We're a 24 hour chain store so it get pretty busy around 4-8pm. With inventory coming up, the Robotic Inventory Auto-Counter Whatchamacallit was not fully loaded. This is because a complete count of all medications is required, so the RPH doesn't want the techs to load it. This led to major backup in filling the massive amount of scripts. I guess I've been spoiled by this wonderful machine. The top drugs are auto-counted for us and I only need to double count the Controls.

IT WAS BUSY! I got in and worked nonstop until 8:30ish when it slowed down a little. If I wasn't putting scripts in, I was at production or answering the continuous phone calls. Worst of all, today was "Truck Day". There were like 10 full totes that needed to be put away. I was jumping around from station to station. And plus, we had a relatively new tech working and one tech who was working here longer than I but never really manage to learn beyond the register and answering phone calls.

I was glad that one of our senior intern was there to help out. She is graduating with a PharmD this May thus she knows her stuff pretty well. I would've been so swamped and agitated.

On the plus side though, at least I don't have to work this Friday! INVENTORY HELL.

1 comment:

wil said...

cvs, huh?