Saturday, April 19, 2008

Well.. Do you want to wait 15 minutes? Or Come back in 1 Hour?

I just don't understand some people. Every time I'm about to finish entering a script into the system, I would estimated how long it would take for it to be filled based on the current volume. Usually, it will only take us 5-10 minutes from the point where I hit enter to it being finished being QA by the Pharmacist. Those that care about their script(s) would sit and wait. While others would say they'll be back to pick it up. Remember, it was either wait or 1 hour. I entered as so. As they are about to walk away they will undoubtedly say, "I'll be back in 20 minutes". WTF, I told them "15 minutes or less or 1 hour.

Sometime, it's slow and that's fine. No problem there. However, when it's really busy with 2 or more stacks of baskets piling up, it really pisses me off. It will just ruin the flow of production for me. Sure, it's a small thing you may say, BUT, they were given two fricking options.

Now, what is going to happen? The pharmacist will hand the script to the cashier on duty. He or she will not see "Waiting" on the label and won't call the name out. Even if they come back, they'll be waiting longer. If only they had say "Okay, 15 minutes", they would get their script in 15 min. I would probably be too busy dealing with phones and customers to know if their script is done or not.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I especially hate it when they ask how long before handing me the script. Or when I ask if they want to wait for it or come back. They always say something like 'How quick can you get it done? I'll come back later' but end up coming back in 15 minutes.

Anonymous said...

I'm a pharmacist and I've come up with a theory lately that people RESPECT the pizza guy (or choose your take out food joint here) more than the people preparing their life sustaining medications. Think about it when is the last time you ordered lunch and they said it would be ready in oh 30min and first you whined and moaned about how long that was, and then you showed up 5min later and waited at the register blocking others way until it was ready...I'll tell ya! NEVER! People don't do that to the pizza guy, but its ok to do to the pharmacist.