Sunday, March 9, 2008

For the love of god, speak up when I ask "What's your last name?"!

As a pharmacy technician, one of the possible jobs I have to deal with is the cash register and pick-up. There, I would greet customers with a "Hello (sir,mamm,or miss), may I help you". The customer typically then says they're here to pick up prescription(s). I'll ask them "What's the last name?". But then they utter something so indistinguishable, so quiet, dull, and in monotone way that I have to ask them to repeat. At time, It makes me looks like a jackass or someone who doesn't understand English. (I'm non-Caucasian) I'll ask them what's their last name again, and AGAIN they'll answer you the same way. And when you ask them for the third time, they get pissy at you. What the fuck! Learn to pronounce and enunciate your god damn name. They're holding my line up because they refuse to tell me their last name. Sometime you can get a wind of it can decipher 2 or 3 letters. But damn, they need to SPEAK THE FUCK UP.

And then, there the type of people who are so stupid that they can't see which register are open and ready to help them. Now, let me ask you this. Would you approach a register with no one standing by it or someone who's standing eagerly at the other awaiting customers? They'll be so dumb to walk up to the other empty register. And let me add the kicker: I'll have to ask them not once, but at least twice, to come over before they slide 2 feet over to be helped. My god.

Lastly, how retarded can people be. We have signs that says "DROP OFF" and "PICK UP" for a reason!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

idiot: i have a prescription and want to know if you carry it.
me: sure, what is it
idiot: aluputerotoxin(sounded like)
me: ??? can you repeat that?...can you spell it?
idiot: LOOK, i'm going to repeat myself ONE more time and if you can't understand then I'm going to another pharmacy, ya hear???

if you can't pronounce it, and refuse to spell it, dont ask me for it!

i'm with you on the name thing too. sometimes i end up asking for dob or # to see what they're TRYING to say

Anonymous said...

i love it when they come up and ask where something is. they go down the isle for 2 seconds and come back & say i can't find it. and proceed to bitch because I do not know the exact lot & lat of specific front store item. or ask why we don't have any. or when they come to P/U and go hi im here to pick up my (insert drug) then stare at you like what are you waiting for. well, do you know your name because yeah i don't. seriously.