Wednesday, March 26, 2008

I Got Me a Raise!...Still Not Far From Minimum Wage

So after 8 months of busting my ass, I've finally gotten a raise. But, It's only one dollar up from minimum wage. I know, better than no raise, right? I really appreciate the pharmacist that got me the raise, it wasn't even his job. He realize that I deserve a tidbit more for the FINE work that I'm doing.


I am glad I don't depend on this job to pay the rent anymore. Seriously, Pharmacy techs does and take so much shit, but are paid comparable to Mexican farm workers! I don't mean call out any race here but it's the TRUTH. Day in and day out, we deal with loud and angry customer at drop-off, at the register, on the phone, and for those unlucky techs, at the drive thru.

The retail pigs are hoarding all our hard work for themselves. These porkers need to reward us,the individuals got them into their millions dollar mansion and Italian racing cars, with better paid. CHRIST! I'm even embarrassed with how much I make as a Pharmacy technician. The job requires a hint of professionalism, more common sense than the average person, and the patience of ten Buddhist monks. I am required to wear a nice shirt, a nice pair of pants, and maybe a tie. Hell, I even dress better then some of the male Pharmacist. With ties, I used to wear them for the first couple of months. However, I quickly realized that I'm not getting paid enough to warrant a tie. I kid around on that subject about not wearing a tie because of the paid. However, in the end: nothing is further from the TRUTH.

Lately, I've been working only a night a week; therefore, I don't have anything "angry" to bitch about. I hope this coming Sunday won't fail me with copious amount of customers that will offer me that "what the f---" feeling.

No comments: