Thursday, March 13, 2008

What Really Grinds my Gears (ala Family Guy)

First off, if you watch Family Guy then you know what I'm talking about. I am alluding to the one episode where Peter lands a job on television with his "What Really Grinds my Gear.." segment.

I worked at CVS last night. I was going to post this but I got home at 1 am. Usually, I work 2 to 3 times a week in the evening. Apparently, they have me down for Sunday nights indefinitely now too . Anyway, you know what really grinds my gear?

In no particular order:


1) When a customer comes up to the Pharmacy counter with a SHOPPING CART full of shit. Worst yet, there are like 3 people waiting in line behind this person. It's not that I don't want to ring them out but come on. They should just pick up their scripts and go to the front to check out. By the time that I'm done with that ONE person there are like 6 people in line.

2)When a customer have to dig into their wallet/purse to get their cash/cards out. Like seriously, They KNOW that they're buying something. And buying something means you got to fucking pay for it. But no, no, they wait until you have to announce how much the total is before they start digging for their money or credit/debit cards. Have some common sense people, get your damn money ready. You're wasting my time, and especially YOUR time.

Last night, I had to wait at the cash register while someone had to run to their car to get like $3 dollar to pay for their meds. I think this happen at least once when I work the cash registers.

3) Mentioned in previous post, when a customer comes to DROP-OFF to pick up and vice versa. I think the Pharmacy area needs to have those bright neon signs so even a blind person won't miss the obvious.

4) I work at a 24-hour CVS and I love it when I get a call like this:

me: "CVS Pharmacy, May I help you?"
idiot: "Hello, what time are you guys open til" or "Are you guys 24-hour?".
me: "Yes, we're 24/7". <>

What's wrong with this pictures you ask? We'll lets see. When you call the CVS phone number, there is an automated message that go along the line of: "Welcome to your !!24HOUR!! CVS Pharmacy located at _______ and ________...". Enough said.

5) When a customer comes up to the counter WHILE talking on their cellphone. Fucking hell. If that's not bad enough, they continue to keep on talking while I stand there like a fucking idiot. I dropped whatever MORE important things that I was doing to run over and help. Yet, they're still yapping away. If you want your medications, GET OFF THE FUCKING PHONE!

6) When a customer, whom I know is receiving state or federal health care plan is bitching about a $1.00 co-pay. This is the shit that pisses me off. They're getting hundreds of dollars worth of medication for practically FREE and bitches about the co-pay.



Add your own to the list. I am sure I missed numerous scenarios here.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahahha.. I love the one with the 24 hour.. retardds

The Angriest Tech said...

Hate it when they empty out their purses and cover up the entire counter just to find their prescription - and then hand you an outpatient form and say thats what the doctor said the prescription is!!!

Anonymous said...

or when they are on a government plan say they cant pay for their script then you see them at the front buying booze and cigarettes and driving a nicer car then you while you bust your ass so the government can support theirs.. and on the note of the cell phone issue if they walk up on the phone i ignore them until they hang up and if they pitch a fit then i simply say "im sorry I thought you wanted to finish your conversation.."

Anonymous said...

Just yesterday I had some idiot whine about his welfare co-pays. There is actually an archaic law that says the co-pays do not actually have to be paid if the patient can not afford them.

One patient said she was never coming back again because she was charged $4 for her Celexa generic when she said it should have been free.

Another patient wanted me to call welfare to find out why he has $1 co-pays. I told him that a $1 co-pay is not unusual, and he just yelled at me telling me I don't know what I'm talking about and he has been getting his meds for free for years.

Gosh, some welfare people are stupid...on the other some of them are the nicest customers I have ever encountered.

Anonymous said...

Ha! These things fry my onions too! We feel it is a HIPPA violation to wait on someone while they are on their cellphone. You have no idea who is on the other end!
When a recipient of state funded insurance comes to the counter and announces they have no money, we give them a blank stare or offer to hold the meds until they come back. Of course, if they actually ask to waive that $1 we have to let 'em! You would be shocked to see how many times this works and they suddenly find cash!
I can't stand the people who assume that because I work in the store,I must know where every single item is located. Do I look like a stockboy?