Friday, March 28, 2008

Not Giving Up........Just yet

Long story short, I realize that I wanted to be a Pharmacist during senior year as an undergrad albeit going to the 'Oldest pharmacy school in the nation' for a BS. Being the timely-challenged person that I am, I applied late for a few schools. It was particular due to not taking an earlier PCAT. However, I was invited to Temple for an interview early March.

About 3 days ago, I got an email stating that I was accepted as "Alternate Admission". From my understanding, all the spot are filled/sent an acceptance out, waiting for reply deal. So now, I'll wait with hope dwindling day after day as I read on SDN (Student Doctor Network), that students are being accepted and what not. On the other hand, I haven't completely giving up yet. I've heard stories and recently read that a student will be giving up his/her seat. Last semester, a fellow tech who started Temple mentioned that 4 students didn't show up to orientation, thus losing their spot. So THERE IS STILL HOPE!

The only concern is the uncertainty of not knowing where I'll be next year is really stressful. The landlord sent a mail stating that my roommate and I have 30 days to decide if we want to keep the lease or not. Roommate is already looking at other places while I'm here clueless to what my plans are. Everything is dependent on TEMPLE. Damn, the stress.

On the bright side, it's Friday! I get to work with my favorite pharmacist Sunday nights too. It's always fun when it could be.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on making the alternate list, many applicants don't even make it that far!! Good luck from florida.